Home of the Wine Miser
New Weekly Wine Tasting Group in Portland Oregon
WineMiser.com announces a new once a week wine tasting group in Portland
Tuesday Nights 7 PM til ? at the Portland Wine Storage tasting room.
Portland Wine Tasting Weekly Group
Upcoming Wine Tastings – November – December 2013
November 12th Cabernet Sauvignon The King of Reds
November 26th The other Noir, Gamay Noir aka Beaujolais
December 10th The Pleasures of Pinot – Pinot from everywhere in Vancouver at Cellar 55
Picture from November 5 Tuscan Wines
Results of Tuscan wine tasting
Pictures from the Septemebr 10 Rhone Wines Tasting
French Wine Regions
Rhone Rangers Scores September 10
The scoring for the tasting of the Rhone wines.
Arlene and her mother Ruth
The Lineup of Rhone wines tasted
Food for the Rhone wines- The Food, – Italian Herb Roast Beef, Pepper Crust Salame, Gorgonzola,Cotswold, Triple Cream Brie, Tarragon Crackers and Red Pepper Crackers. Plus tastes of Prosciuuto Crisps, Rasberries, Plums and Beef Jerky for wine taste identification.
Welcome To WineMiser.Com
The goal of this blog is to be a hub for talk about wines that bring big quality
for their price. To That end, here are a few resources you may find helpful.
Wine Spectator Picks under $15
- BOUZA DO REI Albariño Rias Baixas Lagar 2013 $14 (Wine Spectator)
A savory and lively Spanish Albariño
- GLORIA FERRER Brut Sonoma County Sonoma NV $22 (Wine Spectator)
A festive, bright Sonoma sparkler
- SWITCHBACK RIDGE Petite Sirah Napa Valley Peterson Family Vineyard 2011 $58 (Wine Spectator)
A powerful, plush Napa Petite Sirah
- DOMÄNE WACHAU Grüner Veltliner Federspiel Trocken Wachau Terrassen 2012 $14 (Wine Spectator)
A rich, creamy, elegant Austrian white
- MASCIARELLI Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Marina Cvetić S. Martino Rosso 2010 $25 (Wine Spectator)
A fresh, harmonious, subtle Italian red
- The box wine Mark Cuban spent $1 million on
<p>Box wine made an appearance on ABC’s Shark Tank last Friday. And like blood in the water, this startup had the sharks in a feeding frenzy with all five sharks bidding (or trying to bid). Before wine enthusiasts get too excited, it’s worth noting that the beverage is more wine-arita than winery. Let’s break it […]</p> <p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com/2014/10/27/box-wine-mark-cuban/">The box wine Mark Cuban spent $1 million on</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com">Dr Vino's wine blog</a>.</p>
- Stoudemire dunks himself in a red wine bath
<p>Amar’e Stoudemire, the Knicks’ oft-injured forward who makes $18 million this season, is into wine. Like really INTO wine: he posted a picture of himself on Instagram taking a red wine bath as part of his recovery. The 31-year-old says he has been doing the “mostly wine” baths for about six months. He extolled the […]</p> <p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com/2014/10/18/amare-stoudemire-red-wine-bath/">Stoudemire dunks himself in a red wine bath</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com">Dr Vino's wine blog</a>.</p>
- Reader mail: what are half bottles good for?
<p>Question: What are half bottles good for? Answer: In the south of France, half bottles are called “bed-wetter bottles” and are frequently chosen by people who don’t want to get up too many times at night. People who choose half bottles also must sit at the kiddie table if there is one. Okay, I made […]</p> <p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com/2014/10/17/half-bottle-wine/">Reader mail: what are half bottles good for?</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.drvino.com">Dr Vino's wine blog</a>.</p>
- 16th Annual Pinot Fest: November 22, 2014
- Hang out with the World's Top Wine Writers. For Free.
- Vinography Unboxed: Week of October 19, 2014
- Fall Line Winery: Current and Upcoming Releases
- A Wine for Tonight: 2013 Cune Monopole Rioja Blanco
- Wine Tasting Dinner: Sauvignon Blanc from Around the World